It can get pretty stressful and hectic to plan an event. We have come to rely on an Adelaide catering company to take care of the food and service for us. It doesn’t matter If it’s just a small backyard party of a huge wedding reception, food will always be present. But what if it’s your first time to organize your own event? There are so much things you will need to research about if you’re planning on hiring a catering company. Some of your guests might be picky and demand only organic ingredients. What if the caterer you were talking to tells you they don’t source their ingredients from an organic farm? What are you going to do now? It always helps to research about caterers first and see if they will provide you with the food and service that you are looking for. Here are some things you should ask a catering company before you hire them for your event:
- Where do you get your ingredients? Do you use fresh produce or the frozen kind from the grocery store? This is an important question to ask your caterer. You need to make sure you and your guests are eating food that are not only delicious but are fresh too.
- Do you offer other services? Some catering companies also provide bar services, spit roasts or a venue they can rent. Ask if these are included in the package you’re going to get so it’ll be cheaper for you.
- Do you provide food tasting? Of course you will need to know if the food that they’re going to serve you at the event will be at par with your standards. Some catering companies do suggest that you try their food first before they serve it at the actual event.
- Will you also provide rental equipment like chairs and tables? Will I have to pay extra for it? You might have to rent out the tables and chairs from a different company if the caterer doesn’t provide those. If they do, request to see them before the event to make sure that they are in good condition.
- Some of my guests are vegan and/or allergic to peanuts. What can you do about that? It is crucial to let the caterers know this in advance. Ask them if they can create a menu that all of your guests with dietary restrictions can enjoy.
- How much is the average cost? Hiring a catering company can cost a lot of money especially if you’re having a huge event. Tell them how much you’re willing to spend and if they can show you a menu for that budget.
- What can you do with last minute requests? A lot can happen over time. Ask the caterer what they can do if you ever have any last minute changes.
- How will you handle this event? What is the waiter to guest ratio? You should be informed about how many staff there will be at the event so you will get an idea of how satisfactory the service will be.